This Page

has been moved to new address

Cheddar Biscuits Recipe (think: Red Lobster)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Cheddar Biscuits Recipe (think: Red Lobster)

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cheddar Biscuits Recipe (think: Red Lobster)

homemade cheddar bay biscuits

Almost everyone loves cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster. But who can really afford to eat there on a regular basis? Not me!

I just found this recipe in some of my paperwork and thought I would pass it on. Sorry, I cannot cite the source because I printed it from Word after I saved it on the web. This is not *my* recipe though, just one we use! ENJOY!

**Edit: Another RECIPE using Bisquick.**

Cheddar Biscuits
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour (unbleached or regular)
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 cup butter, cold, cut into chunks
2 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
1 heaping cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 - 2/3 cups milk

3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes or 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped


Preheat oven to 400° F.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Whisk together to combine thoroughly. Add chunks of butter. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into flour until it is coarse, pea-sized. Add oil, grated cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup milk. Stir together. Keep adding milk a little at a time, just until the dough is moistened and no longer dry and powdery. (And no longer sticky.)

Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop or large spoon.

Bake for 15-17 minutes. While biscuits are baking, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the parsley.

When biscuits come out of the oven, use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Serve warm.

Makes one dozen biscuits.

4 Comments:

At January 5, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Melodee said...

I don't like seafood so i've never been to Red Lobster but my husband is always bugging me about not having his precious cheddar biscuits, this is perfect, now i can get him off my back! Thank you so much for posting this!

 
At January 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Blogger JuST AnOtHer WeiGhTloSS BLoggER said...

omg those are sooo good..when I take a break from my diet have to try these HAHAHA!

 
At January 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Sherri and Ellee said...

Wow-those look great! I LOVE the biscuits from Red Lobster! I could just go there for salad and bread....Mmm....

 
At March 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Rachel said...

They look great! Add Old Bay seasoning to the mix and topping for a more authentic Red Lobster taste (it's the reason they're called Old Bay Cheddar Biscuits ;))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home