This Page

has been moved to new address

Knitting, again.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Knitting, again.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Knitting, again.

Sorry, comments were not working all week. I just figured nobody saw this blog so I wasn't concerned. But I got 5 emails about it! Thanks for caring, guys. I appreciate it!

So, I've been stuck on knitting. I've discovered that you can knit almost anything on a loom!! I went to Hobby Lobby today (with my 40% off coupon in hand), and bought a set of knitting looms. They were $14.99 (for a set of four! w00t!), but with my coupon and tax (oh, and a roll of ribbon.. shhh) the total was only $10.81! How awesome is THAT?!

I came home and made a hat for Grace, and am now working on a hat for someone's daughter. My wonderful neighbor, Dana, told me about the best knitting website ever! It is ravelry.com. There are (some) free knitting patterns, ideas, etc and it's free to sign up!

My next project (after this hat, after a hat for Rachel, and after a scarf for Rachel), is going to be fingerless gloves for my 8 year old daughter, Jenelle. Ravelry has a FREE pattern: Here

Then, it's on to leg warmers. I'm super excited about these!! These are from LionBrand.com Sign up is free for their website as well.

FREE Leg Warmer Pattern



So, I have a lot of work ahead of me! Pictures will be posted soon! Er, well, as soon as I get off this computer and start working on them...

Don't forget to check out our newest tutus at Nelliebugs.com!!

8 Comments:

At January 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM , Blogger The Shepards said...

Hi! This is xd0nn4x from swapbot, I love your blog and hope to read more :) Have a wonderful day

 
At January 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Hanna said...

The photos on your site is so cute!! (the tutu) And you knit? Its always amazing how many great crafters are on SB.

This is zerofantasies from swap-bot for the blog follower swap. I saw you commented on my blog already, thank you. Please rate when you can =)

 
At January 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

found the blog section--duh! why couldn't I find it before? ANYWAY, it's Rhodyart (lin) from swap bot. I have tried to use the looms you mention and for some reason haven't made them work. But do plan to try again, just as one of my goals this year is to finally learn to knit. I taught myself to crochet, mostly simple stuff anyway, and want to do knitting but never seem to be able to figure out how to cast on. great blog. take care
lin c
http://rhodyart.blogspot.com

 
At January 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Blogger The Simple Country Chick said...

Hi this is Camey from swap-bot. I look forward to following your site. thesimplecountrychick

 
At January 9, 2010 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be my blog follower on Blogger swap partner here. flowerimpressions .

I have signed up to follow your blog.
feel free to follow mine too!
http://flowersbyterica.blogspot.com/
You have a very nice blog I will look forward to visiting!
Lots of stuff to check out! cool

 
At January 9, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I cannot crochet OR knit and am envious of those that can. Those leg warmers are very fetching.


I am lullabye123 from swap-bot. We were not partnered in the swap, but I HAD to check everyone's blogs out!

 
At January 10, 2010 at 2:28 AM , Blogger Batmamma said...

Hi, Batmamma from Swap-bot, I am now one of your followers and I think your blog looks great. Tried knitting but figured there´s a lack of patience :D

 
At January 10, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Tara... said...

oooh i live in legwarmers! I will definately have to give these a try. It would wonderful to have a few new coloured ones. Thanks for the pattern link :)
They keep you so warm, great for when we get lots of snow like now!
I will have a post of these myself soon which i have made by cutting the arms of a jumper and lettuce edging the end.
Hope your start to the new year is going well! Tara x
p.s. i am sewgorgeous from the swap-bot blogger swap :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home