This Page

has been moved to new address

A book review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: A book review

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A book review

I've never written a book review, and quite frankly I'm usually bored with book reviews.. so I will keep mine short and sweet!

While My Sister Sleeps gets 4 out of 5 stars, for sure! It was a great book, a definite page turner. The only thing I didn't care for was the ending - it was expected and kind of boring. This is one of those "Lifetime movies" waiting to happen. I recommend it for the mushy types.

Rachael Ray Yum-o gets 4 out of 5 stars as well. It is a family cookbook, and has some GREAT recipes in it. Some of the ones that make you say "yum" include the Bottom-of-the-Box Breakfast Sundae (1/2 cup berries, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup cereal from the bottom of the box.. layer in a parfait dish), Tortilla Scrambles (tortilla chips, eggs, cheddar cheese, and salsa), Jerk Chicken with Roasted Veggies, and the Peanut Butter and Jelly french toast (basically pb&j sandwiches dipped in egg mixture and cooked up like french toast, then sliced with syrup on top).

Some that made me go "What were they thinking?!" were the Tuna Salad Pinwheels, Fish tacos, Creamy Tuna with Tarragon and Egg Noodles, the Chicken-Eggplant Steak Roll-Up salad (really??) and the Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta.

A nice surprise that we might just try -- Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers and Zucchini Sticks with Cheddar-Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce!

The book is cute because there are recipes that readers contributed, plus it's full color and has LOTS of pictures. We could easily use at least half of the recipes in the entire book, which is unheard of in this picky icky household! Definitely recommend.

Not sure which of the 100 goals I should work towards first. I started organizing my craft stuff yesterday and made a little progress, but I don't have the energy to tackle the other two totes. I'm kind of bored with knitting. Considering adding "learn to crochet" to my list.. just because I know it's hard and will be an actual challenge. I did send out two more swaps today, so I guess that's a little progress. I worked on inchies a little bit, too. Hmm. Maybe a bag would be a good project to do next.

What do you think??

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2010 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely try the pretzel chicken fingers and mustard sauce. My daughter (who is 23, not a kid) made those and we gorged ourselves. She had issues with the crust slipping off the chicken, but I haven't seen the recipe and I didn't watch her make them, so not sure why. No matter. They are delicious and the sauce is perfect for them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home