This Page

has been moved to new address

Frugal Friday: COUPONING Week 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Frugal Friday: COUPONING Week 2

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frugal Friday: COUPONING Week 2

Price matching!! Yay! This is my favorite way to save money, because I don't always buy the things that coupons are available for. If you have a super Wal-Mart near you, they price match (brand for brand) so head over there after reading this post, and let me know how much you saved! If you don't have a Wal-Mart, call your local stores to see which ones (if any) offer price matching.

Keep in mind that most stores allow you to use a manufacturer's coupon as well as a store coupon on a single item. If you combine that great deal with price matching, you're going to save a ton! Be patient. Hear me out. :)

Let's start with simple price matching. Wal-Mart sells pineapples for $3.50 (prices change a LOT, but let's go with it). Aldi has them on sale for $.99 this week. You save $2.51!


Now, price matching with a coupon. Not sure how much cereal is at Wal-Mart this week but it's usually over $3 a box. Schnucks has Kellogg's on sale for $1.77, and I got a coupon out of the newspaper for $1.50 off 3 boxes.


Here are a few other examples:








Now you really want to save some cash? Let's do a price match, manufacturer's coupon, and a store coupon!



If you have a store that doubles coupons, don't forget to try them out as well - even if they don't offer price matching. Some stores will only double up to a certain amount, or only on certain days, so be sure to check their policies before going.

Like I said last week, I'm not an extreme couponer. I have no plan, desire, or need to be one. I buy only what we need. However, I have just started planning our menus around sales and coupons, which saves even more money. We slashed our grocery bill from $150 down to $125 when I first started using coupons. Since I started using my binder and price matching, I've slashed our bill from $125 to $80. This isn't $500 worth of groceries for $25 like on TLC, but it's what works for us. :)

The best deals I've found are with coupons on shampoo, deodorant, razors, toothpaste, makeup, hair care products, and frozen/canned/boxed foods.

The best deals I've found with price matching are with produce, meat, and drinks/snacks.

Keep in mind that they only match the same price on the SAME BRAND. And don't forget to bring your ads with you (I circle all of the products I'm price matching) to the check-out or they won't do you any good. :)

If you have any questions please let me know. Sometimes I get to typing and it doesn't make as much sense as it did in my head! So if you are confused at all, just ask. If you don't have a store that price matches, don't get discouraged. Check out last week's post for great coupon sites. You can save LOTS by printing coupons. I only use the Sunday paper and have cut my grocery bill quite a bit. I know you can do the same!

See Week 3!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Pams Party said...

I live 10+ miles to a Walmart, so I normally do not price match, but I am lucky to ahve have stores that double coupons. I saved around $70 in coupons today going to Target, Meijer and Vgs. =)

 
At April 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Davis-Le said...

Free coupon give away??? I'm all over that. I love the blog :) Tons of great ideas! Great job Sadie!!!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Heather said...

Thank you for all the AWESOME information you give us!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home