This Page

has been moved to new address

Living in a fat suit

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Living in a fat suit

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Living in a fat suit

Do you ever feel like you're living in a fat suit?? I do.

I was sending Rach a text with my new phone (that happens to be a mirror as well.. ugh) and realized I look nothing like me. I mean, gaining weight doesn't happen overnight, but I'm like woah.. I am huge. When did this happen??

I was looking back at pictures when I was 30lbs lighter and I was still big. What the hell was I thinking gaining all of this weight? I know a lot of it has to do with the depression I went through after the surrogacy/adoption, but still.. no excuse. It's been over a year. It needs to stop.

I gained a LOT of weight with my first daughter.. a little with my second.. a little with my third.. and quite a bit with the last (surro) baby. So, that's four pregnancies. I didn't lose hardly any weight after any of them. Seriously, who has time to exercise when they just had a baby? I don't get it. I ate when I could, I slept when I could, and that's about it.

So, anyway, I'm sick of living in the fat suit. I have tried to lose weight by diet and exercise but I just haven't made much progress. At the end of last year, I lost 15lbs. I've gained most of it back. I know I have thyroid issues and it can cause weight gain, but with no insurance I can't go to the doctor and get it fixed. So, I have to fix it myself. I ordered some diet pills (save the lectures), and I am going to see how they work. I've never really tried diet pills before because I've always thought the best way was with healthy food and exercise. Starting in March, our gym membership will open up again (we had to freeze it due to finances) so I know that will help lose some of the weight. The pills will just give me a jump start. I'll post before and after pictures AFTER I have some after pictures. :)

I was going to post some pictures of the new laptop case we made, but I don't have any on this computer. I will post a tutorial later. :) Currently, I'm working on knitted wash cloths for Valentine's Day baskets. They will have a washcloth, some hand-made soaps, and maybe a few pieces of chocolate wrapped up. I'll be sure to post pictures when they're finished!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Sadie!!! I have thyroid issues too, unfortunatly, I am on Disability, so I have assistance getting all my meds, but WHAT I would NOT GIVE to not be disabled....that is a long story for another day.....anywho, could I just simply say this? You have probably been down this road, I am sure you already KNOW this, but I am FAMOUS for pointing out the obvious!!! Forgive me, please!!! Is there a sliding scale clinic in your area? Thyroid meds really aren't dreadfully expensive, at least mine aren't without the insurance. I am on synthroid, and it would cost $7.00. How about calling your pharmacy and inquiring about costs of thyroid meds?
Ok, I am stepping DOWN from my soapbox!!!
I am OFF to find pics of the TUTU! I am FAT but losing weight, I have gone from 325 to a current weight of 242. I want to get down to about a slim 120 or so. I figure about another year and a half or so.
Isn't this OWOH fantastic? I am enjoying this so much, the talent is astonishing, I love seeing all the talent that there is, and meeting people from all over the world. It is such an EYE opener! I am so glad my good friend Cat told me about it!
I hope you have a fabulous day today!!!
Best Wishes!
xoxoxoxoxxo
Landon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home