This Page

has been moved to new address

Monday Madness!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Monday Madness!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Monday Madness!

I've decided what I'm going to do with Mondays. I'm going to talk about homeschooling! :) We are starting pre-k with Sapphire, k with Gracelynn, and when school is out I will be reviewing 2nd with Jenelle and then starting on 3rd as soon as possible.

Today we are starting with the Letter of the Week Preparatory Curriculum with Sapphire. She's 3.

This week, the animal is cow. The letter is A. The shape is square. We are going to the library today to see which books we can find from the book list.

Monday - Put on music, dance and moo like a cow.
Tuesday - Draw square on whiteboard, collect 3-5 objects that are square, walk around the house looking for squares, and cut squares out of playdough.
Wednesday - Draw the letter A on the whiteboard, have Saff color the letter A printout.
Thursday - Write the number 1 on the whiteboard, and count 1 of many objects.
Friday - Build a cow with black and white construction paper squares.

We are also members of Enchanted Learning, so I will be supplementing with pages like these. I don't usually print the pages, rather draw up my own that are similar. Rach is a great artist so this seems to be the best way for us so far.

Nursery Rhyme: Hey Diddle Diddle
Vocabulary word: calf

For Gracelynn, who just turned 5, we are starting with the "Big Kindergarten Workbook". We bought it at Wal-Mart for $9.97. I realize I could just print worksheets off but our printer is on the fritz, I don't plan on taking the time to fix it any time super soon, and it costs 20 cents each time I want to print one sheet at the library. This is a similar book for $7.00.

Grace already knows all of her letters, but we will continue to review them as well as the sounds they make. I usually make things but I bought some flash cards from WM as well. I bought an alphabet set(Saff), numbers set (Grace&Saff), sight words set (Grace), and multiplication set (Jenelle, 8). She needs practice writing capital and lowercase letters, because she doesn't quite know the difference for all of them.

We are also going to start back up on Sign Language. I think it's a valuable tool for all kids to have.

Homeschooling for kindergarten, too? Check out this site.

Multiple age groups? Check out this one.

Third grader? How about this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home