This Page

has been moved to new address

4 miles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: 4 miles

Monday, June 20, 2011

4 miles

 It's about 4 miles to the grocery store. It's about 4 miles to the park. It's about 4 miles to my girls' school. 4 miles is not a lot.

Unless you're walking, or in my case riding a bicycle. Last week, I went on my first bike ride and made it 3 miles. I was so proud of myself! It took me about 30 minutes, but I did it. Today, I rode 4 miles (barely..whew) and each mile was shorter than the last.

 First mile was 7:30. Second mile was 6:30. Third mile was 5:55. Fourth mile was 5:28!!

I'm so proud of myself. I wish I had the motivation, time, etc to do this every day. My plan is to ride at least three times a week. On the other days I need to do something to get off my butt, so any suggestions are welcome.

 I just wanted to shout out a big thank you to everyone who has encouraged me along the way. I know I'm just starting my weight loss again, but it's been such a long journey already I just feel so tired. Worn out. Defeated. The comments and emails I get from friends, blog readers, my Cafemom peeps, they keep me going. I was on my bike today thinking "I'm not blogging about 1 mile. I'm not blogging about 2 miles. I'm not blogging about a 10 minute mile so PUSH!" I know it's silly, but that is what motivated me. So thank you!

25 pounds, 50-75 to go... haven't decided on an exact goal yet so let's say 50 for now. If you are sitting here reading my blog thinking, "Wow I wish I could do that", or "Oh man I have that much to lose"... please join me. If you don't join me now, you're going to be kicking yourself when I'm down 50 pounds and you're just starting. You're going to think I've forgotten what it's like to carry an extra 75 pounds of weight around, and I will not be able to motivate you. You will see my "after" pictures and just think you couldn't do it. I know this because that's what I do when I see the amazing after pictures. So please, I beg you, join me on this journey. If you don't want to do it publicly, I completely understand. Just email me! I will motivate you, and you can motivate me. (randomosityblog AT gmail DOT com is my email)

Again, thank you. :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At June 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Good for you! Keep up the good work :)

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Mistie Deal said...

According to BMI calculators I need to lose roughly 45lbs to be on the high side of my "healthy weight range". Right now that is my goal. I don't want to get anywhere near the lower end of the healthy range. I was there when I was in high school and apparently, I look like I have an eating disorder when I am that thin. lol. I think I'd rather not do that again. Being accused of being anorexic was not a highlight for me.

I'm currently using Your Shape Fitness Evolved for the Xbox Kinect as my workout routine. So far I haven't lost a lot of weight but clothes that were too snug to fit last summer fit great this year so I think I'll take that as progress.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Sadie said...

Mistie that is definitely progress! Great job! :) My wii is collecting dust. :(

 
At June 20, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Mistie Deal said...

Thanks, Sadie.
See, to me, the Kinect is way more fun than the Wii. Not that we have a Wii. I like that the Kinect does not require a controller at all. Though sometimes I wish it saw my moves a little more clearly without me wearing stretchy, form fitting clothes. lol Mostly though....I love the Kinect. My fave workout yet. Longest I have stuck with one too.

 
At June 24, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Rajee said...

followed ur blog and entered ur contest
Please follow my blog, http://momsfocusonline.com/time-to-follow-blog-hop-for-july.html
and let me know to return the favor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home