This Page

has been moved to new address

Reality Check

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Reality Check

Friday, June 17, 2011

Reality Check

Confession: I splurged on a bike a few weeks ago. And I haven't ridden it more than a handful of times. Tonight I went to the park to ride again, and it was not the best experience.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this. I know I usually post about recipes, crafts, etc, but once in a while I do post about my life. So I hope you don't mind, and I hope this opens the minds of some people out there... maybe ones that aren't so nice to overweight people. I used to be mean to fat folks, too. It's funny, right? Not so much.

I rode my bike for 3 miles, so I was not at the park for a long time at all. During that time, a car full of people drove by and yelled "fat ass" and laughed at me, and then a car with two young ladies in it (early 20s perhaps) drove by to laugh at me. Then they drove by again to laugh at me. And when they parked and I rode by them, they laughed some more.

Talk about reality check. I've been slacking on my weight loss, but not any more. I cannot believe how cruel people can be. Just the nerve... it makes me sick. They never know who they are saying that to. What if I was some homeless chick riding to the park to sleep for the night? What if I was suicidal and on a ride to "clear my thoughts"? What if, what if?

It doesn't matter why you think it's okay to be mean to people - whether it's because they're overweight, underweight, or some other reason - just look deep inside yourself before saying hateful things and realize that if you weren't so insecure about yourself, you would not feel the need to put others down.

Here is a picture of me (I'm a mess, just rode 3 miles!) and my bike. Isn't it pretty? I love it!! I can't wait to post progress pictures. I think I shall call it FAT FRIDAY... what do you think? :)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Samantha T. said...

I think you look great and I hope you gave them all a "one finger salute!" Lol Hang in there because you are really an inspiration to me, a fellow fat ass. I don't have a bike, but we can definitely do some walking or zumba when I get back.

 
At June 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Mistie Deal said...

Love the bike!
Good for you! Biking is excellent exercise.
Your experience is precisely why I refuse to exercise outside the comfort of my living room. People are cruel. I have enough issues with my self esteem as it is.

You are on your way to being a cute lil hottie that will make all those idiots today feel stupid.

 
At June 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Liz B. said...

As a true fat ass who has listened to the laughter and comments for 20 of her 29 years, I appreciate the wake up call. I wish the world didn't need to be a nasty place, but sometimes the privileged think, "It's so easy for me, it must be your fault you're that way!" Think twice, act once and remember to act in kindness!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look great, but yeah I was that mean teenager too and now I am on the other end of that stick too. I try really hard not to let people get to me.

 
At June 19, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous Penny said...

Funny thing is you are no where near fat! I am a size 26 so from a true "fat asses" perspective you look awesome!

I just want to share a story that happen just Friday night..hopefully it will help cheer you up.

I was having a conversation with a friend who just had a baby and due to complications during she lost about 80#. She was saying how much prettier she was now that she had lost all the weight. Some random guy asked why all girls thought they looked so much better being board skinny. He also stated that if guys were being honest they much preffer women to look like women and have a few curves like her..and he pointed to me.

Being a large girl that sure made my night! So just remember they are young and dumb to the ways of the world and carma is a bitch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home