This Page

has been moved to new address

More puke, maybe black mold?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: More puke, maybe black mold?

Saturday, March 6, 2010

More puke, maybe black mold?

**Disclaimer: PUKE TALK**

So, Wednesday night is when Jenelle was sick... she stayed home from school on Thursday. Friday morning she didn't look the best, but she was "Top Banana" this week and it was her show and tell day, so I let her go. I sent a note saying if she didn't feel good to please send her home. When she got home Friday, she was fine.

Friday, at about 4PM, Sapphire said she felt like she was going to throw up. We got her something to puke in and OMG did she ever throw up. I'm glad I can handle puke.. Rach can't. We were in the car at the time, so we turned around to come home. We cleaned her up, then we went to the library. We then went out to eat, because I was feeling pretty crappy and not wanting to cook.

As soon as we left the restaurant we ate at, I got sick.. bad. It was so weird. It was like a carsick feeling, like a really bad car sick feeling. I got in the shower as soon as we got home, so I wouldn't throw up. Well, it didn't work. Poor Rach had to clean my puke out of the tub. Sorry, Rach.

While I was throwing up in the shower, Gracelynn was throwing up on the toilet. Then Grace continued to get sick allllllll night. I was in bed and Rach stayed up with Grace. She threw up a fwe times an hour. At about 1:30AM, Rach said she couldn't keep her eyes open anymore. So, she went to bed and I called my mom to see if she could come watch Grace puke. lol

Mom came over at 2AM. She stayed up with her and fixed the other two breakfast when they woke up. By about 9AM, mom said she wasn't feeling the best.

We've discovered that there may be black mold in our apartment!!! She was starting to get the same symptoms we had/have. Really bad headache, stomach pains, etc. She left, with Jenelle.

Gracelynn's birthday party is at 4:30. I guess that's what I get for paying $200+ for a party. If I had planned it all myself, I would've been able to cancel it. But I can't cancel it, and Grace is crying.. begging me not to. She has been drinking gatorade and staying hydrated, but she's just plain miserable. She might have to watch all the kids play at her own party. How awful is that?

Sapphire is totally obsessed with puke. She won't quit talking about it, describing it, and just going on and on about it. UGH. I feel like total crap.. so I'm hoping that I'll make it for the party. Maybe Grace can sit on my lap. Who knows.

We called the landlord, he is sending someone out "some time next week" to inspect it for mold.

Prayers and/or good thoughts are very much appreciated at this time. Thank you.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At March 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Tree Huggin Momma said...

Sadie - I have a sickie too, but nothing like what you are going through. I wouldn't wait for the Landlord. I would call and schedule an appointment immediately, and while you suspect mold, there is a list of other things that could be making you sick in your apartment. Have a good inspection done, or insist that the landlord have one done and immediately not next week. You cannot continue to live in your apartment if it contains black mold, you all need to go to a relatives or a hotel until this is sorted out. Find out if you have a housing authority, they can help you find accomodations and if in fact the cause of your illness is the apartment get the landlord to pay for your move and any out of pocket expenses related to your staying elsewhere.

Hope this gets sorted out and Grace is able to enjoy her birthday.

 
At March 6, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Evonne said...

I agree that if you can go somewhere for a few days, you should. If it is mold, hopefully everyone will feel better if you stay somewhere else for a while. I would definitely look into getting the apartment inspected and soon.

Good luck and I hope everyone feels better soon.

 
At March 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Next week?

I would personally go down and kick your landlord in the balls.

 
At March 6, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Sadie said...

I have been thinking about a hotel. The only problem is, with 5 people, they are wanting $80 a night at the cheapest hotel. There's a hotel in our town that charges $200 for the week, but I'm not sure if that would go up with 5 people.. they have kitchenettes too.

Grace is not showing much improvement, but hasn't thrown up in 2 or 3 hours. She doesn't have anything left in her to throw up.

Thank you for your concerns - I'm going to see if we can stay at my mom's until Monday and then we will make sure the landlord gets someone out here Monday. I just posted about this on facebook and my neighbor (in the apartment across the hall downstairs) said THEY have mold, too!

 
At March 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Show Me Mama said...

tag , your it :)

 
At March 6, 2010 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Wow, that's horrible. I hope that everything works out and it isn't mold.

Tiffany
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com/

 
At March 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's horrible! I hope you got out last night and went to your Mom's. Usually, black mold will cause respiratory reactions, not gastro-intestinal, but if the mold is causing the vomiting, it is a severe case and dangerous to your children.

Regardless, if you suspect there is mold of any kind growing in your place, your landlord will have to correct it.

All of you are in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home