This Page

has been moved to new address

Something controversial, you say?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Something controversial, you say?

Monday, August 23, 2010

Something controversial, you say?

So someone told me in order to get more responses, I need to post about something more controversial. I don't really have anything too controversial to write about, so I'll just ramble a bit and see if it gets anyone interested I guess. LOL (This sort of turned into a RANT more than a BABBLE lmao.. sorry!)

First of all, I'm opening my blog up to questions.. if you have any questions for me you can post them in the comments or email me (sadielankford(AT)ymail(DOT)com) and I will answer them. You can obviously remain anonymous by emailing me. No question is off-limits. I will do a Q&A once a week, or once every other week depending on what type of response I get.

Now I've mentioned my partner, Rachel, before.. but nobody batted an eye. Today though, I'd like to touch on the gay marriage issue. Can we talk about California? Cali-freakin-fornia? Just for one minute. SERIOUSLY, California?? Are. You. SERIOUS? Make up your stinkin' mind! You want gay marriage legalized, then you want it overturned, then yay it's legalized, now it's on hold until someone (who?) decides whether it's "constitutional" or not. Well was it constitutional to NOT allow blacks to marry? Would it be constitutional to tell disabled folks, or folks with ADHD, or even folks with red hair that they could not get married? Why can't I marry the woman I love? Why is it even up for a vote? Because of your religion? Because of your God? Because you don't agree with my lifestyle? Really?

Well guess what? Maybe I don't agree with your lifestyle. So now what? Do I get to vote against straight marriages? No, you say? Why not? Hmm. It boggles the mind, doesn't it?? I get that many people are religious, it goes against the bible, blah blah blah. I used to be one of those people, believe it or not - but that can be discussed in another post. :) So really, why is it up to YOU if two loving, consenting adults can get married? Some will say "Oh it opens the doors to brothers and sisters marrying". Um, no it doesn't. Let's see.. two loving, consenting, NON-RELATED people marrying. Could we word it like that? Would that make you happier?

What if we don't call it a "marriage"? I'd be happy for it to be called an apple-cake. I really don't care. I just want the SAME LEGAL RIGHTS that all of my friends have. Why do I have to pay the SAME amount of taxes as my neighbors, yet they have more RIGHTS than I do? I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? Please? It'd be greatly appreciated.

You don't have to vote for it. But why vote against it???

And for those that argue that marriage is "just a piece of paper", or "the only real benefit to getting married has to do with taxes", please see this list of 1,400 legal rights that are conferred upon married couples in the U.S. and tell me that it's "just a piece of paper".

Go ahead.

Do it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2010 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Evonne said...

Amen!

So much for starting drama - sorry. But why is it an issue for 2 people to get married? It shouldn't matter if you're gay, straight, black, white, pink, or purple!

 
At August 24, 2010 at 2:05 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Tbh, I really don't understand the issue at all. I hope that they allow marriage or the equivalent, but I don't get the reason why they haven't already. Or what the problem is in the first place?

 
At August 24, 2010 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Sadie said...

I don't get it either, ladies. I thought it might have to do with religion.. the country's laws, well some of them are based on that religion. However, abortion is legal.. yet gay marriage is not. I guess it all has to do with money? But you'd think gay marriages would boost the economy.. you know those men go all out LOL. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home