This Page

has been moved to new address

Pillowcase Dress Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Pillowcase Dress Tutorial

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pillowcase Dress Tutorial

If you aren't in the mood to make these, you can purchase these on my Facebook page: HERE




I am sorry I don't have pictures! My camera's batteries are dead. I did link another tutorial at the end of the post though. Hope that helps.

Supplies:

Bandanas (or 2 pieces of 22x22 fabric)
Ribbon
Thread
Straight pins
Safety pin
Scissors
Sewing Machine



Fold under the top of both bandanas 1 inch. Pin in place. Sew across on both pieces, close to the inside edge of the bandana. This will form a tube on each fabric piece.


Measure the child from the top of her shoulder to her underarm. Add 2 inches to this measurement for moving room. Using this measurement, and with a straight pin, mark down from the top of the bandanas on both sides.


Turn the two right sides of the bandanas to face each other. Pin them together at the sides, from the bottom to the marked pin spot. Sew both sides with a 1/2-inch seam.


Cut the 4 feet of ribbon in half. Attach the large safety pin to one of the ribbon pieces. Work it through the front top fabric tube. When you reach the other side, pull the ribbon through so it is even on both sides. Repeat for the backside of the toddler dress. Tie a bow with the ribbon on each side of the dress.

I use super thin (1/8") ribbons (3-4 of them) and it looks super cute but when I first started, I used the thicker ribbon. It is cute either way, some prefer the thicker ribbon for the "boutique" look.

If you need step by step pictures, they can be found at this blog:

http://daisyjanie.typepad.com/daisyjanie/2007/12/how-to-bandana.html

If you have any questions, ask here and I will answer.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Arya said...

I am going to have to try my hand at making these for my little girl...she loves anything bright and frilly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home