This Page

has been moved to new address

Tomorrow!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Tomorrow!!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow morning I am participating in my second 5K EVER! :) It will just be a walk and maybe a little bit of a jog, but I am so excited... why?? Because this is the first 5k that Rachel and I will be doing as a couple!!! :) She is really super happy!

Komen Race Site

By this time next year, I hope to be able to RUN a 5K! I know that doesn't seem like a huge goal for some people, but walking a 5k is difficult for me at this point. My time last week was 48:15 I believe. I hope to do this one in under 45 minutes, but I don't want to leave Rachel behind. So we will see. Anything under an hour and I will be happy!

And I just bought these shoes for my upcoming 5ks!!



Also, if anyone is interested in sponsoring me for any upcoming 5Ks, please let me know. I will return the favor by sending you the same amount in merchandise. For example, if you would have sponsored this 5K, it was $25. You'd get $25 worth of merchandise for free, and would just have to pay shipping. :) So just send me a message (sadielankford(AT)ymail(DOT)com) if you'd like to help me out!

I just made a post about it HERE explaining what I mean about the sponsorship. Also if you have a business of your own I can wear a t-shirt with your logo for the race and the rest of the day if you sponsor me at the silver level ($25), so just let me know! I'll also continue to wear your business t-shirt out and about.. because I'm just cool like that LOL.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At June 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Have you actually worn these "shoes" to do just regular walking/running? My fiance works in the shoe field and he said that Vibrams are the worst "shoe" anyone could every wear to do anything in. The use of them is over hyped, they actually mess up peoples feet and cause them to eventually see a foot doctor.

Good luck on your 5K!

 
At June 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Sadie said...

Crystal, I've never worn them. I did a 5k last week (walking) and got blisters.. BAD.. even though I have very nice shoes. My chiropractor recommended these a while ago because I always am barefoot or in flip-flops, so I called him again this week and he said they're worth the investment! So I'm hoping they do well for me.

 
At June 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Chelle said...

Good luck on your race. Those socks are wicked.

 
At June 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Danielle Athanas said...

I keep forgetting to comment and say GOOD LUCK with your 5K endeavors. :) Be sure to let us know how you like your new shoes as well. :)

 
At June 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Arya said...

Those are cute shoes! I hope you make the 5k in under 45min like you want. I am sure it will be tons of fun!! Good luck and again those shoes are AWESOME!!

 
At June 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

I hope the race went well. What was your time?

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

 
At June 14, 2010 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Tree Huggin Momma said...

I recently stumbled across this style running shoe and since the human foot was designed for us to run and walk without shoes, I like these, I only wish they existed when I was younger and a runner. My parents used to have fits because I would run barefoot. Never had an injury running barefoot, but put me in any brand running shoe and I had problems.
There is another brand out there that I was looking at I think its called 5 fingers.

 
At June 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Sadie said...

Tiffany, there were SO many people at the walk/race that we didn't even get to walk at speed until about 20 minutes in! It was INSANE. I am going to post pictures in just a moment. It took us 1:15 to walk the 5k. We couldn't pass anyone for the longest time because there were just sooooo many folks there.

Tree Huggin Momma, I think the brand I ordered are called 5 finger vibrams?? I've always loved being barefoot. I'm SO super excited about getting these. The wait is KILLING ME.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

cool shoes and GL on all your 5k's

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home