This Page

has been moved to new address

Rainbow Waffles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Rainbow Waffles

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rainbow Waffles

I have had a few folks ask how to make the rainbow waffles, so I wanted to make a quick post with pictures showing how! It's simple, I PROMISE!

We used boxed pancake/waffle mix, because I was feeling lazy. You obviously can make your own mix. You can make waffles or pancakes. My inspiration came from here.


Make waffle mix according to box instructions. We used a whole box and it made 8 waffles. Pour even amounts into 6 different containers (we only did 5). Mix about 10 drops of food coloring into each container. Mix red and yellow to make orange; mix red and blue to make purple.


See, our 5. :)


You can either pour one color into each corner, or you could mix them with swirls or polka-dots.



Wait for your waffle maker to do its magic...


Ta-da! Rainbow waffles!! We didn't use quite enough food coloring in the first batch, and we like our waffles pretty crispy, so ours have brown showing. If you don't want brown showing, don't cook them as long and be sure to use more food coloring.



Ignore my craft mess in the background, add some sugar-free syrup, pair with strawberries, and enjoy!!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am going to try this saturday morning for my kids i just know they will love them!!!!!! Awesome idea.... also would liek to know what sort of work u do at home

 
At March 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Sadie said...

I own Nellie Bug's (http://www.nelliebugs.com) :) Thanks for stopping by!!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Arya said...

I have been behind in reading your blog and I just adore all the fun and exciting new things you are sharing on here! I am going to try this once we get a waffle maker but I can see this working with pancakes too...yummy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home