This Page

has been moved to new address

Meatless Monday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Meatless Monday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Monday, April 4, 2011

Meatless Monday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Meatless Monday is here already! I'm so excited to share this recipe. It's simple and SO GOOD! Make it healthier with skim milk, low-fat cheese, and fat free sour cream. Normally I wouldn't actually admit to using the microwave to cook potatoes, but this entire dish only took 20 minutes to cook (start to finish!), so I guess it's time to fess up. You can use the stove to make the potatoes, but it will take a bit longer.

Meatless Monday


You need:

7 peeled and cubed potatoes
6 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1 cup shredded cheese
8oz sour cream
salt to taste


Notice the pretty knife up there? While cutting one of my potatoes, this is what happened!


That's a YOSHI blade! It's supposed to be guaranteed for life. I actually took the picture with the knife in it so I could brag about how amazing this knife has been for me! I guess that is a fail. :/ So I go back to my old crappy knife, and continue on with this recipe.

Peel and cube potatoes. Place in a glass dish in the microwave for 10 minutes. Cringe. I know, I don't usually cook the potatoes this way but it is so fast!


While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a large pot. Add flour. Mix these two ingredients together until they are smooth.


Stir in milk, one cup at a time. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes. Add potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.


Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Cook until melted and smooth.


Serve with cheese on top.



You could add onions if that's something you like, or you could even add bacon as long as it isn't for Meatless Monday! :) Try the recipe, let me know how you like it, or if you made any changes to it. I love hearing from you!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger ~Mistee~ said...

Love the new font!! Looks super cute and FUN with your blog!! Thanks for the potato soup recipe too by the way!! :-)

 
At April 6, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

Yummy... something I would love to cook, too :-) just up my ally.. thanks for sharing, will have to add this to the meal plan soon :-)

 
At April 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Abbyscraftymom said...

looks good. i love loaded potatoe soup. that is so strange about that knife we have the same one and its been great cuts a watermelon like butter.

 
At June 24, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger ~~Jo~~ said...

are those knives ceramic?? i have them and snapped one just like that in a Pumpkin!!! i do love the ceramics though they are sooo sharp :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home