This Page

has been moved to new address

Duct Tape Flower Pens

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Duct Tape Flower Pens

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Duct Tape Flower Pens


Aren't these the cutest pens ever? And of course, because I'm so sweet, I'm going to teach you how to make them!!

All you need is... you guessed it, duct tape and pens! Oh, and some scissors would be helpful. I have no clue why this picture will not rotate -- it's an issue Blogger is giving me at the moment.


You will need one piece of duct tape 2" shorter than your pen, and 2 pieces of duct tape 1" wide.


Take the 1" wide pieces and place one at each end. On the writing end, you'll wrap it around and around until it is secure. Get as close to the tip as you can. Cover the other end completely. Take the bigger piece and wrap it around the pen. 



Next, you are going to make the petals. For a small rose, you will use about 25 petals. I use about 50 and make a bigger one. Petals are just 2" pieces of duct tape, folded. Fold the right corner up towards the top of the piece, leaving a little bit of the sticky side exposed. Then take the corner you made, and fold it down to form almost a pyramid shape.



This isn't the best picture but I just wanted to show you there there is an opening towards the top on the side. That is how it is supposed to look, so don't freak out. :)


This next set of pictures will show you how to start wrapping the petals. 



Some important things to remember when wrapping the petals:
  • Keep them close together. Where one point ends, another needs to begin. You can start to spread them out more as the rose gets bigger, but if you spread them too far apart it looks sloppy.
  • Keep the petals even. If you raise the petals up each time you go around, the rose is going to look like a tunnel.
  • You can make the rose as big as you want, just make sure you stick the tape down firmly each time or it will fall apart.
                                      

Just keep wrapping, and wrapping, and ... wrapping... 


With all the different designs available in duct tape, the possibilities here are endless! 


I think I'm going to start giving these to my Mary Kay customers. Or using them when I set up a booth. They're so fun! :) If you don't have the time (or desire) to make these pens, you can check them out at Brylee's Boutique on Facebook. Hers are great!

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

At May 29, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Some Lady said...

That is the most awesome thing I've seen all day! I love it.

 
At May 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

U r spoo awesome! These flower pens r so easy to make & look so cool. Very creative idea!!

 
At May 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur so awesome! These pens r so easy to make & look very creative!

 
At May 29, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Nickhole said...

These are awesome.....I think I will be buying some duct take next weekend and be making some of these!!!

 
At May 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Arya said...

ok these are just super cute! I am sooo going to make some this coming up month!! I want a whole set of them!! and where do you find the fun, pretty patterned duct tape? I may just make some to have a pretty bouquet on my desk...lol

 
At May 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Sadie said...

Arya, I got mine at Wal-Mart but they also have it at Target, AC Moore, Michael's, etc. They even have HELLO KITTY duct tape! I just can't find any around here! :(

 
At May 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger ~mEm0RiEs~ said...

wow~ it really need lots of hard work.. keep it up.. ^^

 
At May 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Penny said...

Sadie you rock! These are awesome! I would never have thougt to use duck tape for flowers.

 
At May 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Gifts By Katherine said...

I LOVE these. What a fun idea. Great tutorial!Hopped over from Moms review. So happy to join your lovely blog. Hugs!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Sbb1 Wellness said...

OMG that is so awesome, and I am going to give it a try ASAP!
I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Hope you will enjoy my blog too:

http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com

 
At June 1, 2011 at 7:04 AM , Anonymous Carrie said...

So Visiting and following from Moms Review 4 you.
www.saving4six.blogspot.com

 
At June 1, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger craftytammie said...

love those - they'd be fun teacher gifts too :) here from the blog hop!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

These are awesome! Thanks for such a great tutorial. I'll have to make some of these with my nieces, they'll love them. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At June 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did these but used a the click pencils with the clicker on the side and cut out where is was and the pencil was green so it matched the stem tape so my daughter could use them in school! It turned out really cute and she has me making them as birthday presents for friends now. lol Thank you!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

How fun! I love all the new pretty duct tapes out there! This would be the perfect reason for me to buy some! hehe

 
At June 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Beth said...

This is a great idea for when at a both, or as gifts to your Mary Kay clients! I want to try to make one, just to see what it would turn out like. I want to make a duct tape wallet too. It looks like fun!

 
At July 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

I've always wanted to know how to make these. I see a trip to the hardware store in my future!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like that. If I was more crafty I might even try making them. LOL Filing away for a rainy day when my kiddo is begging for a project. :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Digi Stitches said...

cute and unusual!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 3:12 AM , Blogger UntrainedHairMom said...

Wow..those are awesome...I have seem some very creative things made out of duck tape lately...from hair bows to dresses...it really is neat!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 4:00 AM , Blogger Ashley Rae said...

These are cool! I will need to share this with my friend, she makes duck-tape wallets!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Stacy Tilton said...

I love the way you detail out how to do it, so many times people share something cool, then never share how we can make our own!
Visiting from C4C
http://stacytilton.blogspot.com/2011/07/deep-river-waterpark-of-indiana-fun-for.html

 
At July 19, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Anonymous Holly@homestyletips said...

I love these. I run a home party business and these pens would be great for that.

Off to get some cool duct tape

 
At July 19, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Trainwreck said...

Great tutorial. They *look* a lot harder to make than they are!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Janice said...

Those are seriously cute. :)


Janice
Celebrating Family

 
At July 19, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger M.J. said...

Too Cool!! Just showed my daughter and she wants to go get the duct tape we saw at Walmart this weekend RIGHT NOW!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home