This Page

has been moved to new address

Family Portraits, Randomosity Style

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Family Portraits, Randomosity Style

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Family Portraits, Randomosity Style

I have had plans for this ugly Barbie frame for quite some time, but have just been putting it off. I was going to make a hair bow holder. Then I changed my mind! :) I remember seeing this project in an old craft magazine years ago, but just never got around to doing it (imagine that!). I'm so excited to share it with you today!

You'll need:

An old book that you don't mind tearing up
A picture frame (the bigger the better!)
Mod podge or white glue and a little water
A sponge or paintbrush
Snapshots of your family
Scissors or an exacto knife


I got this frame from Goodwill for $3. Yard sales will have them for even less. :)


Take the frame apart. I used the back of the Barbie picture as my canvas.


Tear a few pages out of your book. You can leave them whole or tear them up. I think they look better in pieces, but I discovered that too late. Brush your canvas with mod podge and then place the pages on top. Then mod podge over them.


Cut your pictures out.


You can use big pictures or small pictures. I think it would be cute with just a small picture and the rest blank space, but I'm kind of weird. :)


Trim your pages if you haven't already, so they'll fit perfectly in your frame. Add some more mod podge, then your pictures.


This has to be one of my favorite pictures. Oh my.


And the lighting in my room is horrible, but this is what the finished project looks like!


Thanks so much for having me, and I hope you all enjoyed the project!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Arya said...

ok that is just super cute!

 
At June 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Sadie said...

Thanks, Arya! :) When company comes over the first thing they ask is "Which book is it?" ... guess I could've picked a less controversial type of book LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home