This Page

has been moved to new address

5K! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: 5K! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5K! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

So, I just signed up for a 5K.

No, seriously. I just signed up for a 5K.

Me, Sadie. The one who can't do the SHRED (20 minutes) without cursing.

The one who can't jump rope for 2 minutes without feeling like she is gonna die.

Yeah, I just did it.

It's the Race for the Cure (breast cancer) in St. Louis.

Here is the email they suggested I send out.. I don't want donations from you guys I just wanted to show you I'm really doing it!!!

I'm so scared. I hope someone will join me. There are supposed to be 70,000 participants! SEVENTY THOUSAND! OMG! Someone slap me. haha

This should help me get ready.



Dear Friends and Family,
I am so excited to tell you that I have accepted the challenge to do more in the fight against breast cancer by participating in the Friends for the Cure Pledge Program. On Saturday, June 12, 2010, I will be participating in the 2010 Komen St. Louis Race For the CureĀ® Locally Presented by Wells Fargo Advisors! I am sending this e-mail to ask you to help me raise funds to support the valuable work done by the St. Louis Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the CureĀ®.
I have set a personal goal to raise $100. So, I need your help! Whatever you can give will be greatly appreciated! Remember: Every dollar makes an impact!
One of the reasons that I support the Race for the Cure is that 75% of all funds raised stay right here in the St. Louis area! With our help, the St. Louis Affiliate can fund vital breast cancer education, screening, research and treatment programs. The remaining 25% supports the national search for a cure. Your tax-deductible contribution will fund innovative outreach and awareness programs for medically underserved communities in the St. Louis area.
Please join me in the fight by pledging in support of my participation in the Race. It is easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message or you can visit my Friends for the Cure Pledge page by going to www.komenstlouis.org/race and searching for me (Sadie Lankford) as a participant. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below.
I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. Thank you so much for your support in the fight against breast cancer! Every step counts!
Sincerely,
Sadie Lankford
To make a Pledge online, go to www.komenstlouis.org/race.
9

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Meg said...

You've got 5 weeks to prepare for it, you can do it!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Arya said...

How awesome! I know you will be able to do it!!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Tree Huggin Momma said...

Congratulations! You can and will do this. You don't have to run 8 minute miles, you don't even have to run. You can walk/jog it. You will be fine and in 5 weeks of doing the shred you will be ready :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home