This Page

has been moved to new address

Homeschool Monday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Homeschool Monday

Monday, May 10, 2010

Homeschool Monday

So, I think we skipped this post last week. I do apologize! Just been crazy super busy. :)

Jenelle's last day of public school is the 21st. We will start full force when she is done. She just created a Dinosaur Project and posted about it on her blog (click the link, leave her some love!). We are going to take a break until then because she really is NOT in school mode this week. She has LOTS of work to do at school, so I'm not going to have her overloaded by doing more at home.

As for me, I'm learning Spanish. My dream, for as long as I can remember, has been to move to California. If I want to get a decent job, I need to know Spanish. Even if we don't make it to Cali, knowing Spanish is always a good thing. We might make it to Oregon instead. Who knows. But we will be packing up and moving across country some time in the future! :) We are SO done with Missouri.

The two younger girls are working on colors, shapes, and writing practice. We will start our schedule when Nell is out of school. Right now they are playing with oval shapes (left over animal Easter eggs), pretending they are an army. :) Later, we will go for a walk. I've been slacking on my SHRED so I have to get moving. The 5K walk is in 33 days! EEK! I did walk a mile the other day. Thought I was gonna die. Haha, no, it wasn't that bad.

The girls also like pretending they are doctors. They dress their bears and stuff up. It's cute. I never understood the "unschooling" approach, so I've never tried it. But I'm beginning to see that if they want to learn... they will do it all on their own. :) The girls are teaching themselves (and each other) more than I could with any book. :)

We will probably take the first week and do crafts.. the kids will not shut up about doing more projects. They're obsessed lol. Wonder why.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home