This Page

has been moved to new address

Walked a mile!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
randomosity: Walked a mile!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Walked a mile!

So, yesterday, I wrapped Sapphire on my back, and then Grace and Rach walked behind/beside us. The plan was to walk a mile. I made it 1/4 of a mile and wanted to go home! lol So I decided the ONLY way to get myself to walk a mile is to have Rach drop me off a mile from the house, and I would HAVE to walk home.

We went grocery shopping this morning.. I wore my ankle weights, and we walked around for about an hour. It was a slow pace, and stop and go, so it didn't really "count". On the way home, she dropped me off at Walgreen's and I walked all the way home. I forgot that my ankle weights were still on! My shins were ON FIRE after about 2 minutes!! UGH! I think it took me like 18 minutes to walk the mile. About 1/4 of it was on the sidewalk and then the rest was through grass, dirt, etc. It was rough! I put the weights on my wrists after a little bit. I didn't have any music or anything to take my mind off the pain of my legs! It was brutal. But I made it.

Sooo, I made it. Now to do that 5 times a week!! And then to do it even farther away! Later, I am going to do the SHRED.. might be a chicken and do Level 1. We'll see. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Tree Huggin Momma said...

Your doing great. Something else I find works for me is to pick a destination half way as far as I want to go, because I will focus on getting there and then I still have to get home.

 
At May 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Tina said...

I think it is great that you are working hard to stick with your goal, and that you are blogging about it.

 
At May 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Arya said...

How awesome! Remember to take music with you next time - it will help make the time go by alot faster.

Congrats on your mile walk!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home